Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eggless Mango Cake - Made in Pressure Cooker

Today is a very special day for me. It's my hubby's Birthday :) so I have decided to bake a different cake. I made Eggless Mango Cake in Pressure Cooker. This was the first time I did some experiment with my cake baking. The out come was totally amazing! It was beyond my imagination.

Happy Birthday My dearest Hubby :)  with loads of luv :)
Mango Cake Made in Pressure Cooker

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour/Maida
3/4 cup Mango Puree (I used Ripe Alphonso Mangoes)
1/2 Tsp Cooking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Yogurt
1/2 Tsp Cardamom Essence
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Cup Cashwenuts and Tutti-Frutti bits
Process:

1. Heat Pressure Cooker with lid on medium flame for 5 mins. (without the rubber gasket and whistle)

2. Mix Sugar and Yogurt, Mango Puree until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add melted Butter, Cardamom essence, Vanilla essence and mix well.

3. Add Baking Powder and Cooking Soda to Maida and sieve twice. Now, add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add little about a tbsp flour at a time and blend with the wet ingredients.

4. Grease a thick bottom vessel or aluminum tin and pour the cake batter. Add Cashewnuts and Tutti-Frutti bits and tab the container gently. 

5. Remove the pressure cooker lid and place a separator at the bottom of the pressure cooker. Do not add Water. Using tongs, place the container into the pressure cooker. Close lid and on high heat let it cook for 2 mins.

6. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 mins. Turn off heat and do not open the lid for 5 mins.

7. After 5 mins remove the pressure cooker lid and carefully remove the container and cool the cake for 20 mins. Overturn the cake onto a plate and slice it into desired pieces.

8. Yummy Mango Cake is ready to eat! Store it in Fridge in an air tight container.

Happy Cooking!
Signing Off...
Your Favorite Chef!

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering why you have written not to add water. Aren't we supposed to add water while cooking/baking anything in a pressure cooker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I used the baking technique using pressure cooker and that's the reason I mentioned not to use water.

      Delete